Friday, February 3, 2012

Want to Get Rid of Painful Life Stories?



Expectations. Ever had any of those?

Me too! I got lost in my own made up fantasies over the holidays . . . and around me a field of disappointment prevailed. I didn't realize that by having expectations that not only did I knock myself out of the present, but I 'willed' my self out of my self. Did I know? NO! And if you had told me, I would have said, I was right and taken my mouse and hovered over delete and pushed you right out of the ball park!

But what is true?

Expectations are fantasies. They are not happening. My teacher said "They are something I put in the future like a carrot on a stick attached to a horses head that it will never get".... I see what she is saying. God, it's like the pink EverReady bunny banging the drum with no where to go!


The thing is there is nothing I can do about someone else. I can take care of myself, put up curtains in my kitchen and make a cozy place to sit and eat, and continue to do my best as I travel along my path, mistakes or not.

But see, the thing is, I have a habit of making up stories around people that disappoint me, saying that they are doing this or that and so on when I really don't know. I have a way of knocking myself out of the present so I don't have to feel the feelings that hurt me. So I make up stories about the person so I don't have to see what is really there, what they are really doing and see who they really are. Then I don't have to cry, scream, grieve, or fall to the floor feeling like I am not wanted.

The story seemed like the answer, but it only recycled onto itself, taking me on a spin like a gerbil on its wheel.

So now what? How do I get off the wheel?

Well, I prayed, rubbed my mala beads, worked with my teacher, talked to my beautiful wild soul sisters of great capacity to love and listen and strategize with me.

In the end, all of that 'stuff' doesn't matter. It's the beginning of something else, not the end. I rock my world when I show up... in the present.... letting go of the fantasy locked up in expectations and seeing what is real.

"Grieve . . . GRIEVE"  says the Wild. That is your work. That is your gift. That will take you to the other side where you are free.

So, really this is a prayer for the wild truth and our beautiful feelings that go with it. A prayer for that real, true place to surface and shine. A place for the being in you to evolve and thrive and love.


What's in it for me? The same that's in it for you.

With all the fantasizing to stay out of the feelings, we walk in a field of disappointment hovering over us like a dark cloud just about to pour with rain. Why not tip over into something new and dance in a field of satisfaction for who you are and the deep, DEEP blessing that we are divinely human and divinely doing our very best.

Stop the stories. Deal with what is real. Allow the feelings to be there and let them move through you. And let others be who they are whether you like it or not.

And . . . follow the love . Follow the places that make you happy. Follow that which is real. Let go of all else. Let it wash over you like a long wet rain on a hot summer day. Let the universe conspire in making the good things happen, the stuff that brings out the shine in you. And be surprised. You are worthy. You are enough. You are so loveable. Let go of all else.

The moral of this story:

Surprise yourself.

The lesson:

Let go of your habits.

The action:

Deal with what is real. Stop the stories.

What will you find?


Freedom. The story stops. You can't maintain the fantasy! It quits on you like the most loving and gifted present and is given to you with a freedom unexpected. Because if you expected it, you probably would have traveled in this direction in the first place!

Then what?

Shaman yourself. Be the bridge from the fantasy to the reality. And allow yourself to feel... feel with all your might so you can transform and ignite. Because when you ignite, when the wild in you gets all fired up and let loose.... you will trust yourself like an arrow to a bulls-eye, like a rocket to a star, like a bud blossoming to a rose.

Let go. LET GO!

Set pure intention and let that be your support. GO WILD! See what's there . . . and allow yourself to swim in the sea of goodness and light surrounded by a conspiracy of the Universe to catapult you into that real, true, powerful place that is POWERED BY YOU. That is the place to be. Not where someone else wants to take you or what you want from someone else.

I trust we'll arrive, fully clothed (or not!)

. . . and feeling satisfied that the journey was one of great value and great learning on the path to our best and most wild selves. I trust you will arrive in good form at the end of the day... because you are a good person. That is they way you came into this wild world, and that is how you are now.

Want a little spiritual guidance?

Stop. Take a deep breath into your belly. Let in the support and ask, what do I need to know right now? Ready? Good...

Now, what do you need to know?

Click here and see what comes forward for you.

If you want to let me know what you got when you clicked, please do leave a comment on my blog. I would love to hear what you have to say. Click here and it will take you right to it.

If you want to know what came up for me when I clicked above, pop down to the comments below.  I'll leave a note for you there! You won't believe it! (my jaw dropped!)

If you know anyone in your life struggling with expectations and needing a little guidance, please forward this email on.

Many Blessings Beautiful Wild Soul . . .

My thanks for you being in my life.

~Elizabeth xo

P.S. Want to work on this some more? 


WILD WOMAN MYSTERY CARD READINGS ARE NOW OPEN!  YAY!  Sign up now for your Wild Woman Mystery Card Reading with me. You can do that right here. Get your New Year started off with a Wild bang!

Again, let me know what came up for you in the comments below!

P.P.S.S. This picture above was taken by my amazing and most talented photographer friend - Erica Smith of North Vancouver, BC! So stunning!!

www.wildwomanenchanted.com
Connect with me on Facebook!

To see more posts, scroll down and push home or older posts or pick one you'd like to read on the side bar!

© Elizabeth MacLeod 2012

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hey everybody. I got the grief card when I went over to my site and clicked on the free tab. It blew me away as I had just written this and the wild told me to Grieve. My jaw dropped when the Grief card came up. It was OH... SO.. appropriate. I'm curious... what card came forward to you.

Anonymous said...

I got Evolve and I am in process of letting my whole wild woman out and I am a bit scared to do it but I need to and these wild woman cards keep urging me to as well...evolve...

Elizabeth said...

Wonder-full! What a perfect card for letting out your whole Wild Woman! ;)

Anonymous said...

Experience for me. Thank you for this post and for reminding me again what a gift this is. Last night my daughter asked me to draw a card for her, (transmutation) which is exactly what she needed, giving her affirmation. The Wild Women in my life continue to be challenged and motivated by these sharings. Blessings and Peace...Evita