Saturday, July 12, 2014

A Precious Experience




I watch her, in deep thought at the other end of the store, where I put the Wild Woman Mystery cards underneath my larger canvas prints. It's a place with a round table and a chair, a place to ruminate quietly. 

I notice her there. A long time. Looking. Contemplating. Shifting through the cards. I ask if she needs help. She asks about the cards. I explain them from the other side of the store. She chooses a card. She reads. I didn't know what was happening until later. Wandering over to the Greeting Cards, she thoughtfully chooses the ones she wants, taking 5 cards as it's the price of 4.

She comes over to pay and we talk about the cards. In particular the card she chose. Wild Woman Transformation. "You know" she says looking at me "sometimes you know the answer and you need a push. Sometimes your thoughts are not where they should be." I nod. "I'm in a lot of transformation right now." She looks at me. I smile. "I was thinking when I read it, that I wanted to meet this lady who wrote this and give her a hug." 


I smiled and got up to walk around the table. "You can" I said. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Elizabeth MacLeod" She stopped and looked. Her eyes welled up with water. "You are Elizabeth MacLeod? You wrote this?" Yes, I responded. "And your drew these beautiful cards." "Yes" I responded. I walked over and opened my arms.

We embraced. I could feel her begin to cry. Fully in our selves. Woman to woman. Understanding the journey. Embracing the road. Connecting with the heart. How would I have ever known this kind of encounter had I not chosen to take this road less travelled? I am humbled. Any doubts I ever had. Gone. Gratitude spills all over me.

I can't express the honour I feel. The humble embrace of one Wild Woman to another along the path. It's an expression of life that holds me captive.

My Little Portal by the Sea is a meeting place for the wild. It's a place where heart meets heart. Soul meets Soul. Where you find like-minded Souls wandering in a parking lot and meeting exactly where they should be. Here. Destiny. Arrived.

There is no accident. These encounters show me this.

I look forward to my encounter with you. Namaste.

~Elizabeth xo

PS You can find my little portal by the sea at the Langdale Ferry Terminal on the Sunshine Coast of BC. We are in the lower car lot, on the right, making magic, sharing journeys and embracing each others hearts. 


--------- 

About Elizabeth MacLeod BEd BMus CPC 
Founder of Wild Woman Enchanted . Creatrix of the Wild Woman Mystery Cards


 My name is Elizabeth, (and also Liz), and my dream is to allow the mystery of the wild to move into and through my life and once again, through the lives of others.

My wish is that access to this mystery will re-open through the Wild Woman Mystery Cards, Retreats, Teachings, and other re-awakenings and Wild Wonders found here at Wild Woman Enchanted.

Visit my portal at:
 www.WildWomanEnchanted.com and receive your wonder-full  FREE gift to guide you along the way!
 

10 comments:

Tanya Malott, Photographer said...

What a funny, charming story. I love that sort of surprise. I love that she said she wanted to meet the person who made those cards, and there you were!

One day, I am going to walk into that store too!

Elizabeth said...

That would be awesome Tanya. I look forward to seeing you there when you do!!!! :)

Michelle said...

You are quite the tease with these Portal by the Sea posts. ;-) Every time I read one, or see it on facebook, I long to come and visit even more. It just sounds...so...magical. *sigh*

Do orcas ever swim by? I must know. :-)

Unknown said...

You had me at 'I watch her, in deep thought at the other end of the store', you had my eyes well up when introduced yourself. This is what it's all about and why I think there is nothing better than 'raising each other up'! XOXO

Lori said...

Elizabeth, you have such a wonderful gift to impart to your visitors. Not only are your products awesome, you have a caring heart that embraces these women with love. What a special place you have created by the sea. I wish I could visit you there!

Elizabeth said...

Yes Michelle, we have had orcas… as close as 10 minutes from where I live actually . . . !!!! Kind of blows my mind. And some have had the excitement of seeing pods while riding the ferry. Not so common, but not uncommon either! :)

Elizabeth said...

Yes Susie, Raise each other up xoxoxox mmmmmmmm

Elizabeth said...

I wish you could visit here too Lori :)

Unknown said...

Isn't it amazing when life just completely aligns and gives you that signal, subtle or not, that you are exactly where you are meant to be? Those are the moments that give me goose bumps and a sense of purpose. A sense of purpose is so important to having joy and fulfillment in life. Thank you for sharing this encounter in your magical store by the sea!

april said...

"You can" I said. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Elizabeth MacLeod"

wow. wow wow wow.

such a beautiful moment, elizabeth.