Saturday, June 7, 2014

Here's Proof that you will Make it Through Anything




My Shaman teacher looked at my hand in a palmistry class many years ago now and said with his Spanish accent "You beat out many other souls to get to your mommy."

I looked at him. Right in the eyes. It had never occurred to me, how hard I fought to be here on this planet. It never occurred to me, that my mother, was the one that needed to be my mother. And that I wanted to be here with such fierce intention that I fought and won, over many other hard fighting souls.

And that was the beginning. It was first an essence, wanting to become something. I began as a spec, chose where to incubate . . . fought for it actually . . . and won over many . . . according to my Shaman.

And what I do know for sure, is the journey did not stop there. That battle for my soul's keeper was important. Just think of what it took, just to get here.

We had to find a Mommy. Then we had to say, "Pick me. Pick me."  Just think of what it took to say "I do" Just think of the intention to become who you are. Just think of what it took to be the one who made it.

I felt guilty to be here for many years. I never knew why. 

My brother was adopted, but was always just my brother to me and my family. My mother had two still born babies after me. Oh what it took to be alive in my mothers belly for the whole 9 months, and then, not to make it.  When my father told me about the second one, I was old enough to understand. I was eager for a little brother or sister.

We were driving in the car to my aunts house when he told me. "The baby died" he said as the car moved along the road. I looked at his face. It was so troubled as he concentrated on the road and attempted to share with me what had happened. He was very sad. I looked away into the moving yards passing by. "Was it a boy or a girl" my little, somewhere around 10 year old self asked while while watching the houses pass by on the road. I  turned and looked at him when he answered. "It was a boy" my father responded, holding back the tears. His lips quivering. His eyes starring out onto the road, yet tending to me.

I looked out the window, like in the movies when music is playing. I was sad too. "I wanted him to have a name. So I named him right there. "David. Your name is David." I said to myself. At least that is what I thought I did, but admit to feeling like he came to say hello as we talked about him and then quickly left as fast as he came. Whatever it was, I had no doubt, his name was David. "I will miss you" I said quietly inside myself as my Dad and I let tears hesitantly fall from our eyes as we drove to my aunt's house. I will never forget his face that day.

It took a while for me to realize it. To feel it. To experience the impact of it all in my life.

I was the one who survived.

Oh, the hard ship of just getting here. We knew how to do this, all this, before we could walk.

So when you are thinking "I just can't do it  . . . or it's just too hard" remember, you are here. The hard part is done. This place you are in is no happenstance. It was filled with intention and determination. It was wild to the core. It was primal and visceral. And it was you. You are here. You made it. You deserve to be here, just by the very fact that you arrived.

So never think, for one second, you or someone else, shouldn't be here. It's redundant to think such things. You fought to be here. And you are the one that is here.

So when you see the quotes that say "take the leap" and you think you are too scared. Just remember, you have already leapt. You just forget. Just think what it took to leap into the womb of your mother to become her daughter, to grow to be your Self . . . She who belongs here. She who fought to be here. She who knows how to survive here.

For those who see, like the Shaman above, there is more to us than meets the eye. We have chosen to be here, on this crazy planet, to learn, to grow, to love. To belong.

So you see, before you even got here, you were a Wild Woman Warrior. A goddess filled with desire. A Medicine Woman with intention. A Priestess of all priestesses knowing the magical power of survival, of purpose, of love .

You made it. Before you could walk.

Never forget this.

This is said, with love, deep, deep love,

Elizabeth xo

PS. My new E-course is coming soon. We'll get in touch with magical places and using cards as guides to help us through our days and to receive what we need, we will uncover our power, love, and magical connection to all that surrounds us.


-------

ABOUT ELIZABETH MACLEOD BEd BMus CPC
Founder of Wild Woman Enchanted

 My name is Elizabeth, and sometimes Liz, and my dream is to allow the mystery of the wild to move into and through my life and once again, through the lives of others. My wish is that access to this mystery will re-open through the Wild Woman Mystery Cards, Retreats, Teachings, and other re-awakenings and Wild Wonders found here at Wild Woman Enchanted.

Visit my portal at www.WildWomanEnchanted.com and receive your wonder-full  FREE gift to guide you along the way!



13 comments:

Susan Seale said...

"You are here. You made it. You deserve to be here, just by the very fact that you arrived." whoooo...tears in my eyes and relief in my bones as I read these words. I'm not sure exactly why...your words just went right into my heart today. I guess I needed them in there:)

Such a tremendous story of survival and loss and love...and truth and hope and belief in the self to just be.

Blessings to David and to you, beautiful, Elizabeth.xoxo

Elizabeth said...

Thanks you Susan. Much love to you Dear Wild Soul.

Tania said...

Holy Wow... "And it was you. You are here. You made it. You deserve to be here, just by the very fact that you arrived. " So deep Elizabeth! I had tears too, taking in the story about your little brother who didn't make it, as your dad said. So sad.. We take so much for granted in life, and it's always so important to stop. take a step back. and realize just how lucky we truly are. You are so right. The hard part is done. We should not be afraid to take a leap. Love it! xox

Elizabeth said...

xoxo Tania . . .

Unknown said...

Oh my, you really touched a nerve as I have tears in my eyes while I am writing this. I love the thought that we have already leapt to be here...magical words for me.

I am sure that David is one of your angels and is lit up by this post. Feel the Love!

Elizabeth said...

mmmm . . . Yes Susie . . . he must be. :) That really touched me. Blessings to you magical one.

Michelle said...

Elizabeth, wow. What a powerful story. I want to send this to my mother. She had a little sister who was stillborn. I've never quite thought of her sister's death and the life of my mother and her brother quite like this. You are so right. You are such a unique, beautiful soul. xo

Elizabeth said...

Michelle, please feel free to send it along to your Mother. It would be an honour. Deep bow xo

april said...

what a beautiful story of being, elizabeth.

and i am tucking this gem away, ready to pull out whenever it is needed: "so when you see the quotes that say 'take the leap' and you think you are too scared. just remember, you have already leapt. you just forget."

Unknown said...

Oh...my heart Elizabeth, beautiful. You belong here, your soul desired to be here..this post resonates with me so very deeply. Truly a story of Survival...inspiration to us that We CAN make it through anything. D♥

farah said...

Oh my… such a touching post. Thoughts of a 10 year old and a powerful reminder: "we made it". A sensitive subject handled beautifully. x

Unknown said...

This is such a great post! It is easy to get wrapped up in the details in our lives and forget how it all started. You are completely right, it IS quite an accomplishment to make it to our lives in the first place. It really puts everything else into perspective. Thank you!

Denise Marie Filmore said...

This is such a moving post Elizabeth. Tears came to my eyes now that I understand what it takes to beat out all of the souls who tried to get here. And now I am here. What a wonderful gift to have. Life. Thanks for this post.