Sunday, January 19, 2014

3 Key Ways to Step Out of the Box and Stay Wild




 
 This lovely little photo was found on Facebook's Sun Gazing page.


That wild place is within us all, but sometimes we've spent a lot of time trying to fit in so that we don't stick out. Then we grow up, over and over again, only to discover, that what we were trying to fit into, doesn't fit us. Then we find ourselves asking why we tried to fit in the first place. 



Don't fret dear Wild Woman. We've all been there and done that! Now is the time when making something new and different counts. When we have the awareness to split open our atoms and say, "Hey, think we could do this DNA thing a little differently now?" 



You'll find your atoms jumping for joy 'cause breaking old habits means they can create new life for you too! Because they love to create and are controlled by our mind, that delightful part of us that likes to take over when the rest of us is not working quite right. My goodness, our mind is dedicated to our every cell, working with us in ways we can never know fully. She's so good at her job that sometimes we don't even know she's doing it. 



But there is a clue. When we're thinking, thinking, thinking . . . that's a good time to say... "Hey, what's going on here? Why are you working so hard?" Who do I need to get on the train?" 



Often, you'll hear a part of your soul direct you to your heart. 



That's all well and good to be directed to your heart, but when we are talking about stepping out of the box, what does that mean?

Well, it means this: 



1. When you are talking too much and not listening:  STOP 

2. When you are not talking when you want to:  SPEAK

3. When you are silent and seeing space: CREATE 



This is an opportunity for you to make the kind of day you want to make. So when you are feeling a little "off your rocker" do the following as your wild spirit moves you:

Listen deeply for when you need to: 



STOP 


SPEAK 


CREATE

And these can be done in any order. They are not necessary and 1, 2, 3! You choose.

Take it one step further this week and use these as affirmations. Say:

I stop.
I speak.
I create.

All is well with my Soul,

Try it on. See how it feels.

Let your heart have a chance to make her voice heard, and let her express it. Give your mind a rest. She works so hard anyway and she doesn't have all the tools to get you to where you want to go. That's a fact. So it's good to know this. Help her out! 'Cause she's there for you in every way. 



Your heart will be delighted that you are expressing yourself. Your mind will appreciate the rest. Your soul will bask in her divinity. And your spirit will help you recognize that the only box that existed in the first place was in your own mind . . .

The one that tried so hard to keep you going while others were taking a break. The ONLY way she (your mind)  could 'wo-manoeuvre' on her own, was in the only way she knew how. And the only way she could do that was to make you fit into what she already knew. Thus, the box was formed. 



So, STEP OUT OF THE BOX. Give your mind a break. Wrap your heart in love. And let yourself stop what you are habitually doing. Speak what you know is true in your heart. Create that which speaks to your soul. 



When you do that, the box looses it's shape and falls apart and the one that is YOU, steps up to the plate, and the world becomes a better place . . . one woman at a time... and you realize . . . the only box that ever existed, was the one that existed only in your mind. ;) 



I remember after I'd been in a car accident, I couldn't sit down. Through my healing, I wanted so much to do things with others like go to a movie. I couldn't stand for longer that a half hour, so I was unable to go. One day, I decided this box was not where I wanted to live. I knew I'd have to go and speak my truth to the theater people.

So, I went to the manager at the theater of the little town I lived in and told him my dilemma . I asked, "Could I come and lie down on the floor?" He sited fire regulations and all sorts of things. I told him it was like being in a wheel chair, but I couldn't sit. I had to lay down. So we negotiated. I would stand for the first 10 minutes while everyone got settled and then lay down where he told me was safe.

And he gave me places for us to be in the theater where I could do this. I'm telling you, some of the looks I got, could have sent me to oblivion. I use to think, "you really think this is my first choice, as if you've ever looked, a theater floor is disgusting!" But I didn't care. I wore special theater clothes on those days. I laughed and cried in the movies. Spent time with my friends. It was fun and I was feeling free again!

That was the beginning of real healing for me. I got to laugh with my friends, and begin to live my life again and not sit in a box that made me do things in a certain way. I stopped not going to the movies. Something I loved to do.  I spoke my desire. I created a new way of doing it.

I must admit, some people stared at me and made rude comments. But others, they applauded. And my body, she healed. And the box, well, she fell away. I was free again. And that was the real beginning of shifting to something new in many moments. Since then, when boxes appear... I apply these 3 keys. Stop. Speak. Create.

When have you found your self wanting to break out of the box? Or when have you? I'd love to hear. What did you do? How did you feel? Please tell me in the comments below.

Here's to Wild Woman Freedom!

With love, 



~Elizabeth xo

PS if you are struggling with this...that is so totally cool. It's an everyday practice.  And as women especially, we dance in this place often. Please share below what you'd like to break free from. Take a moment to apply the 2nd key... and speak it. It will help the others to come to fruition. And we are here to support you. Always. For real.

http://www.WildWomanEnchanted.com

--------------


Elizabeth MacLeod is author, illustrator, wild woman and publisher of the Wild Woman Mystery Cards - An enchanting journey to your true self.

She writes, illustrates and makes  Wild Woman books and tools for your wild and most precious heart and coaches wild souls to take back their life and business.

You can learn more about her and unleash your Wild Woman with what her clients love to call "life's cheat sheet" at www.wildwomanenchanted.com It's a great wonderful guide and it's FREE! 





18 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Elizabeth! My heart & soul jumps for joy when I work on my biz... AND, it's been awhile since I've been dancing, but my hubby and I started dance lessons as of yesterday and I'm sooo excited!!!

Thanks for sharing your lovely words!

Unknown said...

Elizabeth, this just broke something open for me. Thank you.

Elizabeth said...

That's so awesome Kathleen! Have fun dancing too! :)

Elizabeth said...

Fantastic Cheryl. Thanks for letting me know. :)

april said...

i've been breaking out of my box more expansively the last few years . . . enough to sell my home and travel the world! (that's big for me.) i am primarily working on #1 this year - stopping and listening. thanks for a lovely post, elizabeth.

Unknown said...

Ooo I love putting this in MY words, I stop, I speak, I create. Thanks for the crazy great advice.

Sue Ann Gleason said...

I find myself, more and more, living on "the edge" of the box. I loved hearing your story and seeing how you used your voice to get your needs met. Voice matters.

Bon said...

Stay wild, woman!

Elizabeth said...

Wow. That is pretty big! here's to you and #1 this year and more beautiful manifestation for you … :)

Elizabeth said...

You are welcome Karen

Elizabeth said...

Yes. Voice matters. Love that you are living more and more on "the edge' of the box…. beautiful gift for you and others doing the same …

Elizabeth said...

Will do! You too Woman!

Unknown said...

There are days when getting out of the box comes naturally, when I embrace my urge to be unconventional. And then, I find myself in situations where I've folded myself up into the confines of someone else's expectations - or at least, what I assume those expectations to be.
Thank you for reminding me that the voice is a key piece to this puzzle - even if it's to ask rather than assume.

Elizabeth said...

You know Cathy, I think asking is underrated. Especially for the Wild Woman ;) So I'm happy to hear what you are saying here. Great insight…. Great to voice it too. It will help others to remember to use their voice and ask too. Your keen awareness will take you far . . . and your voice will continue to embrace you

Annie said...

I have been on a growing journey for the past 5 years now and my power is showing more and more. Who would know that at this late stage in the game I would be alone and living the dream despite this. I may not have a lifetime ahead of me but I will live a lifetime in what time I do have left!
I have a Wild Womens sticker on my car and every day I see it and read it and smile. "Are You Happy Yet?"

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

That is so awesome! Here's to you power! Loved hearing about the bumper sticker on your car. I love that one too! Sounds like you are answering the question!!! Keep on rockin' Annie!

Elizabeth said...

for some reason my comment entered twice… that is why there is a delete…. they were both the same… ;)