Sunday, February 2, 2014

What now? How to turn on your Wild Woman Power







It's so inspiring to see what happens when I'm with my clients. The "wow's", a-Ha's, the connections that are made, the pathways that open, the healing hearts, the shift in perspectives. But what I love doing most is whispering to the wild, when we talk to the parts of ourselves, to our body and our lives that are out of line so that we can determine what to do now with what is being presented.

In that place, in an instant, there is a shift. A knowing.  An acceptance of power. A perspective that wasn't there a minute ago. A healing.  In the last few weeks, I've been witness to connections being re-lit, money blocks broken, heart's open, playfulness returning and some big shifts in self knowing.

It all lies in our knowledge of where we are and asking the Wild Woman question "What now?" Not asking "What's next?" That keeps us in the future. And we can't move from the future. The Wild Woman asks "What now?" opening the door for the truth to walk in and be of service to you. Of course, that brings more wildness, happiness and success!

Here's the deal about "What now?"

You don't have to stay where you are if you are not happy. You don't have to try to figure out what's next when you don't know where you want to be now? You don't have to vision your business 5 years down the road, because it will probably change anyways. You don't have to stop grieving the loss of someone, just because you think you should. You just don't have to do anything that is not working for you. You just don't. Period. End of story.

The Wild is a deep in the trenches way of life. You've got to dive in and get dirty, maybe even rub yourself in the dirt like chickens naturally love to do to clean off the parasites! Trying to do it the way you've always done and wanting it to change, just doesn't work.

You can't get somewhere you want to be that's different by doing the same thing that didn't work yesterday. It just doesn't work.

I hear this over and over "Well, I know what has worked for me in the past, so I'll just do that . . . maybe it will help." or "If I just wait for a bit, maybe it will change" or "I feel as if the wind was taken out of my sails and I don't know what to do. I'll just wait and see." or "I don't know what to do, so I'll just do nothing for now" or "I just need to stay in their life so they know I"m still there even if they don't say thank you or even acknowledge me and it hurts"

It's time not to react. It's time maybe not even 'to do' anything . . . but it is time to Acknowledge "What now?"

We get lost in our stories of the past, forget how we can shape our future. We stay in one of those two places. It could be because of pain, or fear or training or programming we learned. Maybe there's a loop in your brain that takes you down a particular path of habitual self talk and like an automatic loop in the computer, it just keeps repeating and getting you nowhere.

But the Wild is a way of being, and it demands for us to listen and to respond without judgement to the cues and signals sent through us, from us and our body and from everything around us.  And it calls for us to be involved in what's happening in our life.

It's okay that you can't figure out what to do next. That's not the point.  The Wild Woman asks instead "what now? This is the question that needs to be answered. Society takes us on the 'what's next?" journey. It's good to know where you want to go, but if you don't know where you are, it's hard to get there!  Where do you want to go now, today. That is what will begin the shift into tomorrow.

How do you know when you've handed over your power?

1.  You can't say no, even though in your bones, you know you really need to
2.  You feel unhappy with how things are going
3.  You are dragging your self to do things
4.  You are grieving and you judge your self if you can't seem to climb out
5.  Your get up and go, got up and went
6.  You just can't seem to feel better
7.  You feel alone.
8.  You feel stuck in the patterns and habits in your life that don't make you happy
9.  You don't want to do what the doctor said you 'should' do but you do it anyways without question
10 You do the same thing over and over and over again and nothing changes
11. You can't seem to digest your food too well
12. You can't let go of what you know is not working

We've given up knowing that we know when to shift. We've forgotten that we don't have to just put on a stiff upper lip or sacrifice for love or just 'keep going'. This has become normal in our world.

But the wild, it knows and whispers to us. It speaks to our body. We can hear if we just take the time to acknowledge where we are. Once we do that, the next step magically appears. Some call it intuition. Some call it physic. Some call it talking to the soul. Some call it an inner knowing. Some call it taking a chance. Some call it meditation. Some call it "I just knew". Some call it a gut feeling.

I call it Wild Whispering. 

You can feel so aligned when you sync yourself up with your Soul. When you listen deeply. When you come at it from this angle, you have a different perspective. This allows you to move differently too. And that new movement can help open what to do now. And peacefulness and direction comes.

But remember to open your eyes when it arrives. Be sure to see all the newness walking on to your path. Because it's a place of knowing which in itself is powerful. Be sure not to miss it!

The signs are so 'normal', meaning that we have been programmed to think this way or stuck in a habit, that we often just keep going because that is what society says or what we've learned and what we were trained to do. We follow our habits, or live with the pain, or just think it can't get better or don't know why it's not changing.

You don't need to know the answer before you get there. You just need to know where you are at. Right now. Say the truth to yourself. Be real. Speak to your heart with sheer and direct integrity.

Just that alone will set you free.  You will probably feel lighter, like a burden has been lifted from your shoulders. You might even feel an exhilaration as it passes through your body. A whole new kind of clarity as you've got some roots into that place.

 Now you've turned on your power.  Just by asking two words "What now?"

Go with it. Feel it. Trust it. Feel it's thrust. It's gentleness. It's truth. Because it knows you and will take you right where you need to go. To the exact perfect place for you. And only you Wild Woman.

-------------------
QUICK TIP
-------------------

When writing you here, I decided to pull a Wild Woman Mystery Card asking what is needed here to help you with turning on your power and aid in your Wild Whispering. I pulled the Wild Woman Grace Card.

I smiled. It's so right on.

Here is some of what she says….

"Grace is manifest in you. She breathes through the eyes of your soul, always opening, never leaving. She expands into joy everlasting. Her unconditional being envelops her every move with such gentleness and brings an awe so full, that to grow beyond simply happens."

This is what happens when you align with your wild self. So while you practice Wild Whispering, call on Grace. She will carry you places, that you never thought could even exist, at least not in that form!

When you have nothing else and all your bridges have been burned. That's when Grace comes. When all is lost, that's when Grace will come.

So don't worry. The Universe has got your back. It's not always the thing you want, but it's the thing you need. It might not give you what you think you want, but when in despair, and you don't even know what you are asking for, sometimes those are the best prayers because you don't even know what you want . . . so Grace comes.

---------------------

Now go, activate your power. I would love to hear your thoughts and what you discover in the comments below. Let's empower one another!

With love,
~Elizabeth xo

http://www.wildwomanenchanted.com

----------------------
About Elizabeth

Hi, I'm Elizabeth MacLeod. I'm so glad you are here. Welcome!

I'm the author and illustrator of the Wild Woman Mystery Cards, a Gestalt Therapist, Professional Coach and Consultant.

I write, illustrate and make Wild Woman Books and Tools for you to use on your healing path.

Because I believe it's our birthright to be who you are and I'll do anything it takes to help you and me and all of us, to get there and feel good about it.

Want a better life? Download my FREE resource that many have called "Life's Cheat Sheet". That's cool 'cause it kind of is.  What are you waiting for? Go get it. It's my gift to you and it's FREE!

13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I've been hearing that people are having trouble leaving a comment. If this is true for you, would you please let me know … and if you can, could you tell me what is happening for you? Thanks that would help a lot with the cyber gremlins!

Sue Ann Gleason said...

I love the Wild Woman card you pulled here. Today I sit in the "now" and I'll do that with grace. Thank you, Elizabeth.

Cathy said...

What a perfect way to just zoom right back into the present! I felt all my Monday morning "To Do" anxiety melt away as I read. Also a great question to ask in meditation - clear and simple and sure to bring the answer flowing to the surface.

Elizabeth said...

Yes, she's a beautiful card isn't she Sue Ann. May you have a gracefull day. :)

Elizabeth said...

Yes beautiful for meditation. And love that you experienced the melting of your 'to do' list! It's pretty effective isn't' it! Blessings to you Cathy.

Elizabeth said...

it seems to be working now… please let me know at info@wildwomanenchanted.com if you have any difficulties :)

Lorna said...

"What now" is a mantra in my life. Whenever things get rough, or boring or old--"what now" breaks me out of it. It induces action which almost immediately takes me out of the negativity and into possibility. Great post!

Elizabeth said...

So great to hear Lorna! Those are two pretty powerful words eh! :)

Unknown said...

This is the perfect 'What Now' for right now. I've been snowed in all day, finished some work and it's time to lean in to what I really enjoy, connecting with & supporting empowered, likeminded women..thank you for that!

April said...

i remind my clients (and myself) of this all the time: "You don't have to stay where you are if you are not happy." so important to ask oneself the 12 questions you've outlined, and determine what is holding one back. thank you, elizabeth.

Michelle said...

Oh. My. Word. Elizabeth, I so identify with the Wild Woman archetype. Women Who Run with the Wolves is my BIBLE! And now I've stumbled upon your blog and find these GORGEOUS Wild Woman Mystery Cards and more. I feel like a kid at Christmas. I am thrilled to have found you!

Elizabeth said...

You are so welcome Susie. Snow days are so wonderful!

Elizabeth said...

Welcome Wild Woman! So glad you found your way here! I'm thrilled you are here too!