Sunday, February 9, 2014

The 12 Wild Woman Rules for your Life





I'm not going to worry about life anymore. It doesn't serve my higher purpose. It all doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is love.

I remember coming into my mother's living room after she had died. I sat on her couch by the bay window as I had so many times before, and looked around. I looked at the wall unit, the pictures, the fancy bowls and books, the hen soup bowl, the sterling silver pickle dish. All was still. All stood there. They couldn't go with her. She had carefully kept all things. And not one thing, could go with her. It was in that moment, I realized… what it meant when they say "You can't take it with you." Because you really can't take it with you.

But what was left?

I sat there. All I could do was feel. And what I felt was love. Through it all. I could feel the Universe. It was so much more than we could ever hope to know in our lifetime.

And that's what was there instead. And… that's all you have. Love. And it's massive. It takes away all the other pains and worries. Seriously. Didn't mean I wasn't going to cry or feel sad… but what I was going to feel through it all. Love. What did my mother say to me while she could still speak… "I love you. I really do"… yes. Love. That she gave to me. I still have it. In fact it grows deeper each day, with each word I write here. Love. It stays. It grows. It travels into the unknown other world.

And so today, I sit here again. Looking around. Hearing the call of the wild… Listening to the wisdom that rises from my muse and travels through my finger tips onto my blog as I write you.

"What is it that we are trying to do here?"I ask myself.  "Why must we struggle so?" And the answer is, we don't. I'm not being glib. Really. I've just had my heart stretched. Far and deep. Again. Like the call of the wild requires.

My little warrior cat Reilly had a little blimp in her life this week which had us at the vet. I knew I had no control. What could I do? Love her. My friend Pam died  after a brave battle with Cancer this week. What could I do? Love. My friend Art died before Christmas suddenly from a heart attack. Out of the blue. What could I do? Love.

That's all there is really. Love.

Why get all tied up in a knot about it? If you don't love what you you are doing, what could you do? Love … what you are doing? If you aren't loving it… change it to what you do love. There is no point to do anything else. Really.

So here are the rules I've decided I'm going to live by. It's all we need to know.

The 12 Wild Woman Rules for Life

1. Eat what you love
2. Sleep when you need to
3. Pee when it calls

4. Rest when you feel to
5. Attune to what makes you happy
6. Go where you are called

7. Let your heart speak
8. Sit under the moon
9. Be okay with the in-between

10. Feel in your bones
11. Follow the guide inside
12. Love deeply. And then love some more.

Regardless of where we come from or what we do . . . whether we see ourselves or not . . . we can love. It's in our make-up and our DNA and our genes and our tangled, not by not combing, hair. All we have to do, is do it in our own way. That's all. And if you need help finding out how to do that  do find a guide to help you. It's worth it.

But don't end up sitting in the living room of your soul, wondering what else you could have done. Because you can do it now… What else you could have done, can begin today so you never even have to ask that question. All you need to do, is Love.

That's all.

Blessed be Wild Woman…

I love you…

Elizabeth xo

www.wildwomanenchanted.com

--------------------------------
 About Elizabeth MacLeod BMus. PDTC. PCC

I'm finding the meaning of being human through real connection in a light-hearted yet content fashion with love, devotion, and endearment . . . in a safe and wild way.  

And happiness rides with me when she can. And when she can't, I look for her in the wild. I always find her. It's like magic.
 

I'm here to guide your path to the Wild Woman and all that she is.

You can arrive there too. I'll show you how.


You can start here with what many call "Life's cheat sheet" which really means I give you creative ways to live a more wild and free life. Get it here. It's FREE! And it's for you.

http://www.wildwomanenchanted.com/
















12 comments:

Unknown said...

Elizabeth, I am writing down the Wild Woman Rules. I love them. #9 Be ok with the in-between. Food for thought this week.

Sue Ann Gleason said...

Exquisite piece, Elizabeth. I am watching my father navigate his end-of-life process. Ten years. Death before death. And I have learned so much in the process. I learned to stop grieving the man he "used to be" and start loving the man he has become. A whisper of the man he "was" but adorable just the same. I have learned to surrender the pang I feel when he says, "You can go now." Or, "Just ignore me," knowing that he loves me still and it's MY turn to just "love." Unconditionally.
Thank you.

Kelly Hine said...

It's just really simple isn't it? We do complicate things so much more than they need to be. Thanks for the beautiful reminder Elizabeth.

Michelle said...

What a poignant post, Elizabeth. "Love deeply. And then love some more." I am going to carry this with me throughout the week. Thank you.

Elizabeth said...

:) awesome Cheryl. I love that one too!

april said...

i'm grateful to you today, elizabeth, for sharing your 12 wild woman rules for life. i experienced some of the same when my best friend (my own mom) died almost 12 years ago. and i am still filled with her presence, her absolute love, every single day when i think of her. she gave me the most beautiful gift of all to cherish for a lifetime.

Elizabeth said...

Thank you Sue Ann. I really understand your journey with your Dad. I went through the same thing as I cared for my mother many years ago now. My Mom used to say things like that too... "You can go now" I remember saying to her, "Oh, you don't want me to stay for dinner with you like usual?" and she replied "Oh yes. What time is it now?" "Lunch time." I responded knowing that there was a time I wasn't really able to leave easily. Time was no longer something that mattered to her anymore, nor was her need. It was a great release for us both . . . and yet it was a little hard on me at times. Shifting to just knowing all I had to do is love her now, instead of who she use to be, was quite a gift. Many blessings to you Sue Ann. And much love xo

Elizabeth said...

Yes really simple in it's complexity ... Loving is a deep process, that is for sure . . . :)

Elizabeth said...

me too Michelle . . . :)

Elizabeth said...

So beautiful April. I understand. My Mom did the same for me. It truly is a gift ... xo

Deb Lange said...

yes I had the same experience after my Mum died. I had cared for her in her own home. I was surrounded by angels and love and light. Yes, all there is, is love.

Elizabeth said...

Yes love is all there is. Many blessings Deb . . . <3