Sunday, April 20, 2014

What if this was True about Forgiveness?





I decided to ask the cards this week, what we needed to hear and where our insight might want to focus. So I went to the deck I wrote and illustrated - the  Wild Woman Mystery Cards - An enchanting journey to your true self. I keep them always out on my altar. I walked over and stood before them and took a deep breath with all of you in my heart and set my intention and allowed my hand to guide the way. I reached down and pulled Wild Woman Forgiveness. 

This card is in the Heart Chakra, which is the Healing Wild Woman Freedom, in my Spiritual Healing system. The energy center of unconditional love, compassion and peace. This is good to practice in general, and excellent to practice with our selves too. Take this card into your heart and see where you arrive.
 

Seems very fitting for this Easter holiday week-end and felt that the best way to share this with you was by placing an excerpt from my deck below about the card (pictured above). It says it the best. 

------------


Excerpt from the Wild Woman Mystery Cards by Elizabeth MacLeod

Wild Woman Forgiveness

What if you just wanted to make your self happy, that you believed one day that you would forgive yourself and that was all it would take to free yourself from the binds of your past?

What if you could explore your inner world and uncover the meaning of forgiveness, the impact of its presence in yourself, and the evolution towards love for your self?

What if forgiveness was only a thank you; thank you for giving me this experience to learn from so that I could find the kind of love available to me and to the world?

What if that love was big enough, free enough, expansive enough, that to for-give came before anything ever occurred?

What if you surrendered into your pain, allowing it to be there, and considered forgiving it? What if to take the step of thanking it was illuminating the passageway to your true self?

What if that’s all it was, a thank you, “for giving” me this experience to learn from so that I can become an even better person than I am now?

What if, that were true of forgiveness? 

What if, that were true of you? 

-----------

With love, 

~Elizabeth xo

PS Keep your eyes open for my new on-line magical retreat coming soon . . . A place to dive into the richness of who we are, together. 

-------

ABOUT ELIZABETH MACLEOD BEd BMus CPC
Founder of Wild Woman Enchanted 

Welcome to my blog! So glad you are here. I'm the author and illustrator of the Wild Woman Mystery Cards - An enchanting journey to your true self. 

I write, illustrate, teach and make Wild Woman books and tools for your wild heart.

My calling is to let every woman know it's your birthright to be who you are. I'll give you a chance to makeover your life and help you to discover who you are.


I love big screen movies, meaningful words, anything sky blue and creating a life that means something to me.

Pick up your woman's guide to a better life at www.WildWomanEnchanted.com
It's FREE!

www.WildWomanEnchanted.com 

12 comments:

Lorna said...

I love the "for giving" bit. What a wonderful way to look at it. This is a beautiful reminder on this gorgeous Easter Sunday. Thank you for sharing this piece of your deck--makes me want to read the other cards too!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Lorna .. . . I love that bit too :)

Lori W said...

I believe that to forgive is to gain a greater understanding of oneself. My own personal growth has often been a result of a hurtful experience. This is a wonderfully insightful post. Thank you!

Elizabeth said...

Yes . . . Thank you for coming by and sharing here Lori. Many blessings to you.

Unknown said...

Pure magic in this 'What if forgiveness was only a thank you; thank you for giving me this experience to learn from so that I could find the kind of love available to me and to the world?'

Elizabeth said...

Pure magic . . .

Unknown said...

I can feel your heart in this post! What a beautiful message for us all. It's always easier for me to forgive others than to forgive myself!

Elizabeth said...

Yes. I understand. It is often easier to forgive others, isn't it! We must remember we deserve the same consideration. ;) We are pretty amazing too and healing ourselves will in fact help others too. Putting ourselves in the equation can be so loving and incredibly healing for all involved.

Thank you for sharing here Karen. I'm glad you came by.

Sue Ann Gleason said...

I love the idea that "forgive" is to "for give." More and more I appreciate the power in perspective and knowing I can choose my thoughts at any given moment. Thank you for the lovely reminder and the beautiful glimpse of your deck. xxxooo

Elizabeth said...

You're so welcome. And thank you Sue Ann.

Michelle said...

Ooooooo.... for-give. I LOVE that, Elizabeth! This is the perfect time of year to practice forgiveness. I can't wait to hear about your upcoming magical retreat! As my Nana would say, I am on peedles and nins! :-)

april said...

"What if that’s all it was, a thank you, “for giving” me this experience to learn from so that I can become an even better person than I am now?" this line speaks to me, elizabeth. i have always had a hard time with forgiveness. i have held onto hurt and anger even when i knew (especially as a counselor) that i was only extending the pain. in recent years, i have learned to let more things go - what freedom it has given me.