Sunday, April 27, 2014

Why it's Important to Follow your Heart - The Untold Story.





Sometimes it's hard to know what to do. 

We're just not sure that we will be okay or if we will be accepted . . . if we decide to travel outside the status quo of acceptable by doing what calls deeply within our feminine self and most wild soul.

What if we go against the grain? 
What if we step outside of the rules?
What if people go away if we tell our truth?

Or we ask . . . 

Should I tell my real story and show my self?
Should I step up and do this . . . what if I'm not good enough?
Should I do what most people do or follow my heart?

We begin to doubt our positive and our negative instincts and urges because once they have been repressed for some time, it becomes difficult to get them out of the terrain of our shadow. We begin to allow our Ego and Superego to be the boss of us. And we become unclear where the messages come from.

It's easy to forget that the Shadow also can include the Divine. Let me tell you about Wild Woman Shadow with an excerpt from my book and card set -  the Wild Woman Mystery Cards. My Illustration of her is above. Maybe you will see her differently and then allow your self to be held in the "all of you" terrain of your Wild Existence. 

------


Wild Woman Shadow
An excerpt form the Wild Woman Mystery Cards by Elizabeth MacLeod


"Her name is Shadow, and she lives and breathes deep in the passionate well of existence in the dark heat of the wild moon of your soul. Under the buried well of deep passion and effervescent pain lies some of the truths of her story, shaping the person you are now. Shadow, all of her, is part of you. 

This card asks you to bring her forward. Living in the trenches, she leads and follows, inspires and breathes, your self, and holds a longing to embellish your story. Inspired, she is fluorescent in the joke that you can be alive without her. Back and forth, the paradox of light and dark, the ability to hold both and balance them is difficult, yet possible. The richness of shadow, the primal scream of courage to exist flatters her darkness forth, suffering the gifts of growth and the expansion of self. She has so much truth to tell you and lies to dispel. 

This Wild Woman embraces shadow and recognizes that we live in a planet of light and dark, daytime and nighttime. It is natural, normal, inevitable, and healing to embrace both. Embrace your darkness. Look within. Ask for its teachings. Embellish the richness of your story." 

------

Don't let yourself bury your important parts or unimportant parts for any reason. They will find a way to surface. And your energy will begin to leak. Be the carrier of the light for her. Don't let the truth of who you are be pushed down as your vital energy will flow down with it. And you will just not feel good.

Be the guardian of your most valuable self. 


Let your whole self open, so you don't need to crawl around in the secret trails luring you off into something unexpected when you just can't stand it anymore. That's what happens in the shadows. Things that are meant to surface remain hidden. Until they just can't hide anymore. Then things jump out unexpectedly from behind trees and under bushes. And that can throw you off your center. And it's hard on your vital life force.

The parts of your world that have real meaning and value for you need to be shown, expressed, honed, honored and be seen as part of your path.  Don't trick yourself into thinking otherwise. Instead, value what comes forth. 

When in doubt, seek guidance, inner and outer, to achieve what calls you deeply. Following your path, the one that belongs to you, is what you are here for. 

The wild in you knows. 
Listen to the signs and signals showing you the way. 
Stay aware of the things that feel so right. 

Let them surface and be seen.  
Your Wild Self will thank you.
And remember, you are not alone.

With love, 

~Elizabeth xo


-----

ABOUT ELIZABETH MACLEOD BEd, BMus, CPC
Founder of Wild Woman Enchanted


Welcome to my blog! So glad you are here. I'm the author and illustrator of the Wild Woman Mystery Cards - An enchanting journey to your true self and other wild wonders. 

I write, illustrate, teach and make Wild Woman books and tools for your wild heart. 

It's important to me that every woman on this planet knows that it's their birthright to be who they are. You can live from this place. I'll show you how. 

I love big screen movies, meaningful words, anything sky blue and creating a life that means something to me. 



Go to www.WildWomanEnchanted.com more and grab our woman's guide for a better life for FREE!



15 comments:

Deb Lange said...

I am with you on this one! I have been down not the underworld, numerous times and emerged stronger gentler happier

I have been very wild - i have danced and had my body painted with the Himba women in Namibia, done sacred dancing with Buddhist monks, walked the Camino trail in Spain, mosaiaced in Slovenia in a castle whispered with horses n colorado and much much more

xxx

Elizabeth said...

Me too Deb...stronger, gentler, happier... and more loving :) Body painted with the Himba women in Namibia... love the visual. Thanks for sharing those wild places with us here!

Unknown said...

Elizabeth, I SO believe we travel on the same vibrational plain. I have been writing about this {my experience} for about a month now. This was reinforcing and resonant. My gritty graceful wild one has always led even when I tried to deny her, I couldn't silence her for long..she rises strong and divine. She brings my truth and my purpose. Beautiful XO

Elizabeth said...

Yes Dana... she is never silenced for long with we wild ones :) Same vibrational plane indeed. xo

Marci said...

Elizabeth, perfect and divine timing for me on this. I have struggled deeply with expressing a part of myself, a part of my path, asking myself the very same questions which you have posed here. In the end, I've decided to let my truth surface and be seen. It is just a small part of the bigger truth, but I don't want to bury those important parts of me any longer. Although I'm still feeling vulnerable around it, it is authentic and who I am. Much love to you, dear lady, and thank you.

Michelle said...

The most painful lessons in my life have occurred when I've ignored my inner wisdom. No regrets! I learned. I grew. I healed. But these days, I prefer to trust my intuition exclusively. She always knows best. Always.

april said...

for the most part, i have been unafraid to show my true side, my wild side. with that has come a deep sense of who i am, my core essence. but it has also pushed some away, and with that comes its own lessons. inspiring questions, elizabeth. thank you.

Elizabeth said...

Marci . . I could feel you as I read your words. mmmm…. such beauty in the acceptance of our selves. I'm sending you lots of love..and I'm cheering for you on the sidelines. xo

Elizabeth said...

I hear ya sister Michelle! Lost of growth in those places for sure….no regrets on this end either! ANd a strength found inside the inner wisdom and a total renovation of intuition occurred. A pretty great informer she is.. you've got that right, she always knows…

Elizabeth said...

Sweet April . . . keep asking those questions . . . and remember . . . you are loved. xo

Tania said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! This so hit home for me. Oh Elizabeth, you are so wise! I definitely resonate with hiding my "true" self for soooo long! There's a reason why and a deep history of why. Only in the recent years have I learned to just say F**K it! And be myself. If that turns people off, then so be it :)

Elizabeth said...

Yes Tania...then so be it! xo

Unknown said...

I am reading The Artist's Way and am just discovering my shadow artist. I didn't even realize the blocking I was doing around my creativity. Time to let it all come out. Perfect post timing! TY XO

Unknown said...

I love this "Let your whole self open, so you don't need to crawl around in the secret trails luring you off into something unexpected when you just can't stand it anymore." It really speaks to me! I may have some secret trails I need to uncover.

Cathy said...

I so needed to read this today, Elizabeth. I've had a few things "jump out from behind trees" at me recently - partly because I did open myself up to "secret trails" - and the learning process around it is still very much in progress. Slowly inviting the wisdom to bubble up as I deal with the concrete aspects.