Sunday, March 9, 2014

Why Cats Come to Earth or Why Daisy is Here.








She's wild. But differently. It's a gentle wildness. She follows me from room to room. I leave, she leaves. I get water. She gets water. I move to the kitchen from the living room and she comes too. It's an open concept, so it's not necessary. But she does. Because she's here for me and for Reilly. She's in service. I notice. I see her. 

I pick her up and snuggle her and she raises her little paw in the air. A little hmmm begins as her purrrrr reaches me and softly starts it's healing . . . and then she throws her head back in pure bliss, taking it in and going almost so limp you think she might fall out of my arms. We could all learn how to receive from little Daisy.… This little being is here to love. Love me. Love Reilly. Love you. Be loved. And love her life. Just love.

I remember one of my spiritual teachers saying that cats and dogs come to Earth for one of two reasons. One is because they need a break and so they come back to Earth as a cat or dog to get a break. And others come here to be of service…



Daisy? . . . She's here in service. She's here to love. She's here to make sure I know I am loved. She's here to tell me how cute she is so I can forget about everything else and open my heart. She's here to keep Reilly company when I'm not here. And she's here because Reilly and I need her. She's one of the cutest and softest of gentle blessings. 


Like the touch of an angels' wings. That's little Daisy.

So now, I'm going to get up and go to the living room and even though she's sleeping here beside me in her special place on my desk . . . I might just have to kiss her little forehead in gratitude first before I leave.  Could you resist such cuteness? . . . And when I do, I'll let the love trickle into my soul and ripple into the Universe . . .

And Daisy, she'll just take it in. Such a great big service for such a tiny and vulnerably soft, gentle soul.


Love, 

~Elizabeth xo 

--------

ABOUT ELIZABETH MACLEOD BMus, PDTC PCC
Founder of Wild Woman Enchanted

Hi. I'm Elizabeth and I'm so glad you are here. Welcome!

I'm the author and illustrator of the Wild Woman Mystery Cards - An enchanting journey to your true self. I write, illustrate, teach and make Wild Woman Books and tools for your wild and most precious heart. 

My mission in life or my "savoir faire" is to let every women know that it's your birthright to be who you are and it's powerful, graceful, wild, loving and beautiful to live your life from your own authentic place. 

I love big screen movies, meaningful words and anything sky blue and I'm passionate about women living their best life with their true selves. 

So passionate, I created what many call "Life's Cheat Sheet" with all the resources you need in one place. It's "a great wonderful guide" and its FREE! 




13 comments:

Bon said...

Animals are pure love, aren't they? Aw... gotta kiss my punkins on their heads now too. <3

Elizabeth said...

:)

Michelle said...

Yes, I truly feel that our fur babies are with us for a reason. I may sound like the crazy dog lady here, but I am convinced that Bella was heaven-sent by Woofie, may he rest in peace. There are just too many coinkidinks. :-)

Daisy is such a sweetie. Thank you for sharing her with us!

Elizabeth said...

my love to Bella . .. our fur babies are special little souls aren't' they….

Lori W said...

I believe that animals have a sixth sense and their purpose on earth is to give us companionship as well as comfort when we need it most. Only an animal can truly appreciate the special bond that we have with our pets. They are our furry family members.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful description of our furry family and friends. My baby is very similar and can turn anything into a joy.

Elizabeth said...

I too believe our furry family members have a 6th sense Lori ... They sure do seem to appreciate the special bond we have. It seems they constantly remind me.... I'm grateful for that <3

Elizabeth said...

Yes... they sure can turn anything into joy Cheryl... mmmmm

april said...

i hold such love for all of the extraordinary cats in my life (from age 6 on), and i appreciate this beautiful post honoring your daisy. (we just celebrated our mr. smith's birthday yesterday!)

Elizabeth said...

Awww... happy birthday Mr. Smith!

maria said...

Wonderful blog Elizabeth - thank you for sharing. I love the unconditional and pure love I receive from pets too. Love it xx

Unknown said...

I can so resonate with this post! I have a cat, Marshmellow (notice the spelling), who is here to chill and take a break. I have a two year old golden retriever who I have no doubt is here to be of service and teach me a thing or two about myself and this perfectionism number I do on myself every once in a while. My dog is so sweet and gentle, until he is around another dog. We still can't figure this out (five dog trainers and behaviorists later) and I have always felt extra upset about this because, after all, he is a golden, and they are supposed to be the worlds sweetest dogs. I wanted him to be perfect. It took me a while to realize that what I was doing to him I do to myself. I now accept him for who he is and trying to do the same for me.

Sue Ann Gleason said...

I love this post, Elizabeth. I haven't had a pet in a very long time because my beloved is not a pet person, *sigh,* but I can remember many a nights when I curled up with my cat or my dog knowing I was held by their unconditional love.

I love what your spiritual teacher said about coming back as a dog or a cat to simply take a break.