Sunday, March 30, 2014

What Does the Wild Woman Need to Remember?



I received an email from a beautiful Wild Woman requesting if I knew of any prayers to help in hard times and for support. One of the prayers I shared with her, was the prayer of gratitude in my Wild Woman Mystery Card book and card set. Many have told me they have it on their walls. One woman told me she has it by her bedside.

Prayer is a beautiful connection, a direct communication, a sacred healing and a symphonic concert to your Soul path and deepest desires. 

I've been thinking more about this as we come out of our winter caves, return to daylight savings time, and emerge more into the light and thought it would be a good time to share more.

Marianne Williamson would say:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us."

As we open to the light of Spring and shift back into our power in a different way and head toward the light with elation and fear and maybe even a deep feeling needing a new perspective on life there is only one thing we really need to do and that is 'to remember'.

What does it mean to remember?

Let me show you while at the same time, giving you ways to remember, starting with a prayer from me to you.

----

Here is my prayer to you, for you, with you:

Wild Woman . . .
The Divine is always with you
She is always around you
She is always holding you

She awaits your remembering
Knowing that is all you need to do
Little nudges, synchronicities, or a-ha's
will lead you to her

So listen deeply Wild Woman
Watch. Notice . . .
And remember . . .

And so it is.
----

By remembering, we can enter a new place. A new inner landscape. A new surroundings. Because it is with the thought, that we can begin to feel more calm, peaceful, loved.

Remember there is a part of you that is so alive with knowing that all you have to do is remember.

What does it mean to remember? 

It only means, all that you wish for is just a thought away. For that thought, will bring a consciousness. What you need is consciousness . . .  and that consciousness, will help you to arrive into the kind of life you dream for.

 -----

Say this prayer to your Self to remember:

Remember
You are not alone
The Divine is always here
She is around you as the air is for you to breathe
The only things you need to do is remember . . .
in your own way, your own time, in whatever way you want to.

Blessed be.
-----
 
And as you head into slumber in your nights, I have written a prayer for you to use below along with the ones above. Feel free to use it (or the two prayers above) in the way that suits you for your own personal use.  Change it up, read it aloud or silently as you settle or just read it here so you can remember.

 ------

Say this prayer when you go to sleep. 

Now I lay me down to sleep
I see the moonlight beyond my feet
The window lights into my room
And I see the reason to sleep soon

For in this time is when I fall
Deep beneath the mellowed brow
Of a day that kept me well
And serves to teach things I can quell . . .

And so dear Earth
Slumber deep with me
I'll hold you near
And dream by the sea

And when I wake
I will know
What steps to take
To help me grow ...

Blessed be ... "

---- 

Be well. Sleep well. Remember well Wild Woman  . . . 

With love, 

~Elizabeth xo


PS I will be teaching more about Wild Woman prayer, practice and ritual, in my new e-course coming soon. I'm just putting it together now. If you have anything you would like to see in that course, do let me know and I'll do my best to include it in the teachings for you.

--------

About Elizabeth MacLeod BMus, BEd, PCP
Founder of Wild Woman Enchanted


Hi, I'm Elizabeth and I"m so glad you are here. Welcome!

I'm the author and illustrator of the Wild Woman Mystery Cards - An enchanting journey to your true self. I write, illustrate, teach and make Wild Woman Books and tools for your wild and most precious heart.

My mission in life or my "savoir faire" is to let every woman know that it's your birthright to be who you are and it's powerful, graceful, wild, loving and beautiful to live your life from your own authentic place.

I love big screen movies, meaningful words and anything sku blue and I'm passionate about women living their best life with their true selves.

So passionate, I created what many call "Life's Cheat Sheet", a "great wonderful guide" for the Wild Woman. And it's FREE! 



http://www.wildwomanenchanted.com/

------
copyright 2014 Elizabeth MacLeod. All rights reserved 

------

17 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful prayers, Elizabeth. I pray every night as I drift off to sleep. I call prayer my "insomnia cure." If I have anything that I'm worrying about that is keeping me awake, I start to pray with, "Thank you for this incredible day" and continue with gratitude prayers until... Zzzzzzzz. It's like divine magic. :-)

Elizabeth said...

I love that Michelle. Me too. It is like divine magic.... thank you for sharing that with me... sleep well tonight dear one :-)

Marci said...

Elizabeth, thank you! What lovely prayers and a beautiful remembering of the gift within us and around us. The Divine - always there, always true. So much to be grateful for... xoxo

Sue Ann Gleason said...

I am reminded of my grandmother. I used to fall asleep listening to her voice in the next room, in prayer, saying the rosary. In Italian. I am reminded of her prayer book, wafer thin pages that were silky soft to touch and so many "holy cards" within, marking the saints in all their glory but also the death of a loved one. A simple card holding both death and life everlasting. Thank you for the reminder that a prayer can take many forms but mostly it's a healing ritual that soothes us and holds us tenderly.

Elizabeth said...

Yes Marci… so much to be grateful for xoxo

Elizabeth said...

Sue Ann, what a beautiful image I have in my mind's eye of your grandmother, and of you as a little girl. Thank you for sharing that here. Many blessings

Tania said...

Elizabeth, thank you so much for posting these lovely prayers. I love the first one, Wild Woman Enchanted. I love prayer. It immediately soothes me, physically and emotionally. xo

Elizabeth said...

xo Tania

Unknown said...

Elizabeth, deep bow my sister for this beautiful prayer medicine. The remembering is timely for me this time of year. I spent the day spring [new moon] cleansing my home, releasing what no longer serves and inviting in the new. Prayers are so meaningful and universal. Thank you D♥

Rose said...

Oh so beautiful Elizabeth. Thank you for your soft, gentle poems...they touched my heart. Our light that frightens us is the little inner spirit within...the synchronicities to my own post today are strong. Our inner light is soooo powerful. PRAYER = PER AIR = VIBRATIONS. Your prayers serve to lift my vibrations into the heights of joy. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Those are so lovely Elizabeth -- prayer really is the most direct connection to the divine. Paula

Unknown said...

I love aligning the thought of aligning myself to the Wild Woman - fascinated with archetypes and how we identify with them. Thanks for the prayer, need to fall to sleep with something else besides "what do I have to do for work tomorrow? :)

Unknown said...

Oh Elizabeth, I love those beautiful prayers! Thank you for sharing them, I am going to print them to reread easily. Every time I hear the Divine referred to as SHE, I smile & my heart skips. ;)

Cathy said...

Elizabeth, I've been in need of prayers lately - this post is the answer to mine. I'd been tapping into my body and "feeling" a prayer as I drift off to sleep, but wanted something with more substance to ground my thoughts and feelings. If that makes any sense at all...

april said...

such lovely sentiments, elizabeth. thank you for your soothing words tonight . . . a calming balm that's helped to lessen the impact of recent troubling events.

Cathy said...

These are beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us. We all have so much to be grateful for.

Zoe said...

I love that quote from Marianne Williamson. It's one of my favourites.